Thursday, September 14, 2006

First book bought at American Discount Book Center

On the ABC website, I read that you're interested in names and short descriptions of people's first book(s) bought at the American Discount Book Center.

I think I bought my first book in the Amsterdam store, around 1991. My brother got me interested in fantasy novels, and with a few weeks worth of saved pocket money, I took the bus and train from the small rural town Zierikzee to the Big City, Amsterdam. I had read the first three Dragonlance books, and I bought "Tanis, the Shadow Years", by Barbara Siegel and Scott Siegel (also part of the Dragonlance series), along witht the AD&D 2nd edition Players Handbook.

Nowadays, I live in The Hague, and work at about 10 minutes walking distance from the Lange Poten office. Thanks for offering a great collection of books!

Regards,

Jeroen van Luin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home